Monday, February 2, 2015

Cool Introverts

Isn't it kind of obvious that introverts make the best leaders? You might think I'm the complete opposite of an introvert if you meet me on the internet, but then again... you met me on the internet!

No I'm not wearing a mask. Tin foil hats are pretty different.
Psychologists would call me a sociopath. It's pretty easy for me to pretend to be someone I'm not. Heck, I started towards a qualification in youth work last week! I was praised for being confident, well thought and social. Trouble is, once I walked out of the social situation I felt so tried I might as well have been Frankenstein's monster before conception.


I even managed to start talking to a bunch of girls on the train taking centre stage! I was itching under my sweater but I didn't show it... not one bit. Yet every step of the way I thought to myself "I can't do this... this is not right" and I even left the train three stations earlier than intended just to get out of there.  Seriously, sometimes I ask myself:

      "Am I even made for this?"

In those moments I feel such sadness, I cannot possibly attempt to express it. I picture the world as I grow old and lonely and look back thinking of what I could have become. Of a future that I could have had; a life I never had.

And then I look at my current state. I've noticed how slow my progress has been. I have a tendency to jump from place to place.

First Maths. Then Physics. Then Computers. Then Databases. Then Philosophy. Then back to Maths. Then Art. And to the start! Then Poetry.... and then... youth work in Africa???

I don't even know how I ended up here man. I found out that I failed my mechanics end of week exam (probably because I bunked lesson to go to Central London). I'm such a son of a gun, always being shot around the place. So I say enough.

It's  YES MAN TIME!!! 
This time though I won't mention it to anyone I meet to keep the experiment a fair test :D

The Rules
1) Everything gets a YES unless if it goes against my faith (e.g. Bacon, Beer, and Murder)
2) Responses must be immediate and without hesitation
3) No social fears. Doesn't fucking matter if there are people walking in my direction. I will not tilt         my eye sight.

4) Stop once satisfied.

And my home goals are: Revise, revise, L'chaim! 

P.S. While I was writing this, my sort of friend Takeo put an epic picture on Twitter of a tree covered in LEDs!!! TakeoSamata


No comments:

Post a Comment